We are pleased to have the Child Development Support Corporation (CDSC) as part of the event this year!
The Go Africa Carnival 2018 will take place on 07/14/2018
from 10am – 7pm on 116th Street btw. 7th & 8th Aves. please self-register via Eventbrite https://goafricaharlem2018.eventbrite.com
or email Info@GoAfricaHarlem.org or phone 646-502-9778 Ext. 8001more information can be found at www.GoAfricaHarlem.org
About the Child Development Support Corporation (CDSC)
We are a community-based, not-for-profit organization incorporated in 1975. CDSC began as a self-help group headed by parents to provide child care for families in the Fort Greene and Bedford-Stuyvesant sections of Brooklyn, New York. From our modest beginnings of providing the single service of on-site childcare, we have evolved into a multi-service organization that provides a wide range of services to children, youth, and families.
Since our beginning, CDSC has helped more than 20,000 families and individuals to become self-sufficient and self-reliant. We are motivated by the belief that vibrant, healthy communities start with strong, secure families.
Our unique ability to recognize and adapt to changing community circumstances and needs enables us to continually provide proactive, responsive, relevant, and quality programs and services to our clients.
- Our Child Care Resource and Referral (CCR&R) program helps over 6,000 families annually to access child care information and resources, and connect them to subsidy funding to pay for their child care needs. In 2006, we received a Best Practices certification for demonstrating our competence in the field of Child Care Resource and Referral.
- We help more than 3,000 individuals annually to become self-employed by establishing home-based early childhood programs through training, technical assistance and resources.
- Through our partnership with the Brooklyn Outreach Center (BOC), we assist low-income child care providers to become successful entrepreneurs by providing intensive business, legal, child care skill and accounting assistance
CDSC carries out this mission by:
- Developing a community action plan that is based upon strategic planning;
- Coordinating and collaborating with other community-based efforts to develop partnerships, maximize resources, and enhance existing service delivery systems;
- Identifying service gaps;
- Advocating for the needs of families, youth, individuals, and low income persons;
- Developing services that are relevant and needed;
- Leveraging funds for needed community services;
- Encouraging services that are accessible, culturally sensitive, family-friendly, and responsive.
CDSC’s staff recognizes that a thriving community is measured by how well it takes care of its members, especially its most vulnerable. Together with policy makers, community members and partnerships with broad low-income representation, we ensure comprehensive support service delivery systems that promote self-sufficiency, pride and community spirit for the people in Central Brooklyn.
We pride ourselves in offering relevant quality services to the community in a caring and respectful manner. In order to maintain high standards of service, we internally practice the values that we seek to foster in the community. Those values include quality work, honesty, and mutual respect, along with teamwork and creativity in problem solving.