We welcome CIDNY-Center for Independence of the Disabled, NY the the Street Festival this year!
The Go Africa Harlem Street Festival will take place on 07/14/2018
from 10am – 7pm on 116th Street btw. 7th & 8th Aves. please self-register via Eventbrite https://goafricaharlem2018.eventbrite.com or email Info@GoAfricaHarlem.org or phone 646-502-9778 Ext. 8001
The heart of the Long Term Care Ombudsman Program is its corps of specially trained and certified citizen-volunteer ombudsmen. Many volunteers are professionals from various fields. These dedicated Ombudsmen spend an average of four hours a week in each of their assigned facilities, advocating for the residents.
The New York State Long Term Care Ombudsman has chosen CIDNY-Center for Independence of the Disabled, NY http://www.cidny.org/ to manage the program for New York City. CIDNY was chosen because it had over 35 years of success advocating for people with disabilities.
Mary Jane Wolper
Long Term Care Ombudsman Program Volunteer Coordinator
CIDNY-Center for Independence of the Disabled, NY
841 Broadway, Suite 301, New York, NY 10003
Phone: 212 812-2913
What is CIDNY’s Consumer Action Network (CAN)?
CIDNY’s Action Network is made up of people with disabilities, as well as others who care about justice and equality for people with disabilities. Each of us brings our experience, our strengths and our energy to monthly meetings where we plan activities, learn about disability issues, and practice advocacy skills. Throughout the year, we take action steps to create change, such as:
- Attending public events to find out whether they are accessible.
- Sending email messages and letters to lawmakers asking them to vote for or against bills that matter to people with disabilities.
- Meeting with state and city government officials to explain how their decisions affect our lives.
- Testifying at public speak-outs about health insurance and special education.
- Together we can change how the government, businesses, and others in our community treat people with disabilities.
For more information about CAN or to get on our mailing and phone lists, please contact Monica Bartley, Community Outreach Organizer, 646-442-4153 or email@example.com, or join online.