July 11, 2020
Parameters and Scope
The Carnival among other things be a celebration of the city’s African diversity with excellent displays of the unique goods and services provided by African & Caribbean merchants on 116th street and throughout the NYC metro area.
There will be two (2) stages showcasing dance, art, music and dress from various regions throughout Africa and the Caribbean with direct participation from the African community & Cultural groups, consulates and embassies from the city’s five boroughs and NY Region.
Location, Time & Duration
The Go Africa Carnival will take within the boundaries of Adam Clayton Powell Boulevard (7th Avenue) and Frederick Douglass Boulevard (Eighth Avenue) on 116 street on July 11th in the year 2020 between the hours of 10am – 6pm.
Music and Festivities
There will be two (2) stages showcasing dance, art, music and dress from various regions throughout Africa and the Caribbean will be hosted by the incomparable Sekouba Diakite, Senior Artistic Director, Go Africa Network Inc and his ensemble of Talented African & Caribbean Artists from throughout Africa and the U.S.
The artists scheduled to be performing are:
Supporters & Sponsors
- Association Nationale Des Senegalais D Amerique Inc.
- The office of Manhattan Borough President
- New York City Department of Cultural Affairs
- U.S. Congressman Adriano Espaillat
- NYS Governor, Andrew Cuomo
- NYS assembly Speaker, Carl E. Heastie (Honorary Chairman of the Go Africa Carnival )
- The Honorable Assemblywomen Inez Dickens – Assembly District 70 (District where the events will take place)
- Manhattan Community Board 10
- The Delegate General of Cote d’Ivoire
- Ambassador of Guinea, & the Consulate General Guinea
- The office of Bronx Borough President
- The Honorable Imam Souleimane Konate of Masjid Aqsa Mosque
- Manhattan Borough President’s immigrant task force
- The African Advisory Council of the Bronx Borough President
- Honorable Assemblyman Michael Blake – Assembly District 79